Sunday, December 8, 2013

Long Distance Relationship Idea: Holiday Stockings

Long distance relationships are tough, and the holidays can make it especially more difficult. Mike and I have been in a long distance relationship for a year and four months now. Over the period of time that we are not physically together, we constantly try to come up with ideas that we can do for each other. The goal, as always, is to make one another a part of each other's lives as much as possible, despite the distance. 

This year, we decided to buy stockings for each other to keep for the holidays. I keep Mike's in California, and he takes mine to Washington state. From the first of December until Christmas day, we will try to fill these with random gifts and items. Then, we give it to each other either by mail (in time for Christmas) or in person (hopefully!) 


The goal is to find things that you know the other person would appreciate getting, or an item that reminded you of the other person when you saw it.
The stocking stuffers don't have to be pricey, and they don't have to be big gifts. At the end of the day, it really is just the thought that counts. Be creative, and have fun! 





4 comments:

  1. adorable idea. we do stockings too and they are so fun. one year we got each other the exact same item, it was pretty hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the design of the stockings - simple yet elegant - and the first name initials decor attached to them are too cute! I know LDRs are tough and this is a very creative way to make each other feel really special this holiday season. Enjoy the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love this stocking exchange idea!! My husband and I have exchanged ornaments every year since we first started dating, so I love little traditions like this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute idea. When my husband and I met (on a fitness website), he was living in California and I was in New York. He moved here shortly after but I still know how hard long distance is.

    ReplyDelete